The Donor Advisor, Major Gifts position reports to the Executive Director of the Foundation and manages the portfolio of Major Gifts at Langley Memorial Hospital Foundation. Working directly with the Executive Director, as well as the Donations Administrator and the fundraising and Communications and Stewardship teams, this position is responsible for developing and managing all activities related to the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of our foundation, individual and corporate donors, ensuring these donors are inspired by LMHF’s mission and engaged in supporting the organization.
In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Donor Advisor develops and executes a vibrant and forward-looking fundraising program for their portfolio, including effective short-term and long-term program plans, revenue and expense projections, volunteer engagement, prospect research and portfolio development.
A little about you:
You are a self-starter. You love meeting new people and are always the first to jump up and introduce yourself, but you prefer to focus the attention back to the other person. You have a genuine love of people and an interest in health and well-being. You’re colleagues would describe you as a visionary who brings clarity, energy, confidence and common sense to deliver results and move the organization forward. Yet, you never stop thanking the people who helped you achieve your work goals! You are always on the look out for opportunities to profile your donors and demonstrate the impact of their gifts. Through your time getting to know donor, community members and stakeholders you are able to find leads on new donors and inspire existing contacts to help you cultivate new relationships. Although you like to spend most of your time out of the office meeting people, you work well with the other teams that support your goals and you show personal integrity, sound judgment, and an honest and forthright approach to working with that team and other stakeholders.
- Implement or assist in the implementation of LMHF priorities, strategies and plans as approved by the Board of Directors;
- Take the lead on building and maintaining a pipeline of donors $1,000+ and provides support in other fundraising areas as necessary;
- Secure regular gifts to help the Foundation fulfil it’s our annual hospital commitment while also prospecting and cultivating donors to participate in transformational campaign giving;
- Ensure key hospital stakeholders (including the public) perceive their needs are being met;
- Execute plans within timelines and budgets;
- Administer fundraising activities and other related duties;
- Work with suppliers, donors, supporters and volunteers to reach goals and meet deadlines;
- Identify, manage and coordinate new fundraising opportunities;
- Work closely with the Executive Director to leverage opportunities to match donor interests with Langley’s health care needs;
- Stays current on important industry trends, changes and opportunities in the philanthropic environment as well as community demographics, health care expectations and funding availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Administration
- Manage your portfolio plans, budget, timelines and benchmark reports;
- Ensure that donor stewardship activities are donor-centred, executed in a reasonable timeline and maintain a minimum 7:1 non-ask ratio;
- Effective utilization of Raisers Edge database to maintain detailed records of all donor contacts, history and moves management.
- Responsible for the overall management of the major gifts program, which is charged with creating and managing relationships and securing support from foundation, individual and corporate donors who are capable of making gifts of $5,000 and above with a drive towards multi-year pledges;
- Responsible for building a grateful patient program;
- Set program goals and execute program objectives and tactics based on approved annual and 3-year program plan;
- Develop and propose strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including: determining ongoing relationships with prospect/donor; determining specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; assuring that solicitations are carried out;
- Manage assigned, qualified donors with the goal of retaining, renewing and upgrading commitments to the organization;
- Works with team to ensure there is a donor pipeline for major gifts and legacy programs;
- Working with the Executive Director, develop and manage Board fundraising engagement
- Work closely with volunteers, staff, both within the Foundation and the hospital, to promote, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward possible major gifts;
- Renew and foster an effective donor stewardship model with the support of the Marketing and Stewardship team;
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with securing significant gifts of $10,000 and more;
- Good understanding of the development cycle and the role events play in that cycle;
- Exhibits superior written and presentation communication skills coupled with well-developed active listening skills;
- A high-level of organizational ability, attention to detail, and ability to manage tight timelines and perform complex tasks with minimal supervision;
- Experience with budget preparation and management;
- Strong decision-making skills demonstrated by strategies that move the organization forward, effective goal setting, action plans and evaluation of successes and failures;
- Commitment to professional ethics, confidentiality and the ability to effectively interact with executive-level stakeholders;
- A strong donor service orientation, demonstrated by the ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs and expectation of donors;
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Internet and Outlook; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other developed CMS;
- Willing and able to work in the evenings and on weekends as required;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree or BCIT business diploma
- CFRE an asset
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Remote and in office work schedule
- A full time position but open to discussing 0.8FTE.
To apply please visit: https://apply.workable.com/gerardsearch/j/46777AA917/