The Events & Communications assistant strengthens the link between the public and the Foundation by promoting the cause and the benefits of participating in positive health care changes, coordinating opportunities for the community to engage in Foundation activities, and gathering and sharing compelling stories of good care and how money is being well spent.
Interested in applying? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist in the design, development and production of a wide range of marketing and communication materials such:
- Events and promotional assets and signage at the hospital and within the community;
- Fundraising proposals, case statements and stewardship reports;
- Advertising assets for events, campaigns and promotions;
- Events materials, e.g., invitations, programs, seat assignment cards, sponsorship reports, and any other type of branded material.
- Assist in executing digital media strategies and maintaining digital content;
- Regularly collect and assess data and analytics across a variety of digital and traditional platforms and recommend strategies for expanding or improving both public image and online presence;
- Assist with event logistics, operations, set-up, take-down and provide on-site support;
- Support the volunteer program by managing contacts, correspondence and event-day coordination;
- Implement events systems such as sponsorship invoicing, ticket purchase payments, etc.;
- Assist with general administration in the Communications & Stewardship department, e.g., scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, writing letters to stakeholders, gathering materials for community events, maintaining events calendar, etc.;
- Maintain events & communications collateral inventory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience as an events or communications assistant, or in a similar role in customer service
- Understanding of, and experience in, media relations and digital media
- Proficient in MS Office; working knowledge of In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, and Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM
- Solid writing, editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written) and effective listening
- Some photography and video skills would be an asset
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work, manage timelines and accomplish desired outcomes
- Great interpersonal skills both within the organization and with a range of external stakeholders
- Performs well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely well organized and a self-starter with strong multi-tasking abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- Available for some evening and weekend hours
- Valid driver’s licence
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.