Langley Memorial Hospital Foundation is looking for a Communications & Stewardship Assistant to provide support to the communications, events and fundraising teams and programs. Editing and writing collateral materials will be an important part of your job. You should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail and, if you also have experience in coordinating events, we’d like to meet you.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications & Stewardship, you will help ensure clear communication of our organisation’s message through events, print and digital media and collateral materials.
- Assist in the design, development and production of a wide range of marketing and communication materials such as newsletters, donor presentations, briefs, speaking notes, etc.
- Maintain communications assets and signage at the hospital and within the community
- Prepare fundraising proposals, case statements and stewardship reports
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing digital media strategies
- Regularly collect and assess data and analytics across a variety of digital and traditional platforms and recommend strategies for expanding or improving both public image and online presence
- Assist in the development of advertising assets for events, campaigns and promotions
- Assist with event logistics, operations, set-up, take-down and provide on-site support
- Implement events systems such as sponsorship invoicing, ticket purchase payments, etc.
- Create materials for events, e.g., invitations, programs, seat assignment cards and any other type of branded material
- Assist with general administration in the Communications & Stewardship department, e.g., scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, writing letters to stakeholders, gathering materials for community events, maintaining communications calendar, etc.
- Maintain Communications & Stewardship collateral inventory
- Proven experience as a communications assistant or in a similar role in customer service
- Understanding of, and experience in media relations and digital media
- Proficient in MS Office; working knowledge of In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, MailChimp and Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM
- Solid writing, editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written) and effective listening
- Performs well under pressure, with an eye for detail while thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely well organised and a self-starter with strong multi-tasking abilities
- Great interpersonal skills both within the organisation and with a range of external stakeholders
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work, manage timelines and accomplish desired outcomes
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- Available for some evening and weekend hours
- Valid driver’s licence
Apply Now! Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting closes August 31, 2019.